Wei-Fan Chen is a serial entrepreneur, a developer turned award winning game designer and producer, and a growth hacker. He founded Fourdesire an app publisher that aims to produce a variety of meaningful and purposeful games to bring positive impact to the society. His numerous award winning titles Plant Nanny, Walkr and Fortune City have been used by tens of millions of users globally and were covered by Washington Post, Business Insider, IGN, Polygon and etc.
The purposes Wei-Fan infuses to the games include keeping people to stay hydrated (via Plant Nanny), motivating them to walk more and stay healthy (via Walkr), and helping them to keep track of their personal expense history (via Fortune City). His future product roadmap of playable product will touch upon more real life purposes.
Wei-Fan is also an author, tech blogger, lecturer, and advocator of playfulness and behavioral design. He frequently shares in universities and industry events such as an Apple Store opening event and training session at Amazon, to name a few. His blogs and literary works cover game design, play theory, behavioral design, human-computer interfaces and interaction design. He is also a hands-on developer who maintains scalable cloud computing solution to support his massive users.
- App of the Day / To-Do Adventure / Apple App Store
- Design Award, Golden Pin Design Award, 2020 / Plant Nanny²
- Best Everyday Essentials of 2019, Best of 2019 / Plant Nanny² / Google Play
- Nominee of Users's Choice App of 2019 / Plant Nanny² / Google Play
- Best Daily Helper, Best of 2018 / Fortune City / Google Play
- Red Dot Award, Communication Design / Fortune City / Google Play
- Android Excellence Awardee / Fortune City / Google Play
- Best App of 2017 / Fortune City / Google Play
- Innovative, Best of 2017 / Fortune City / Google Play
- Hidden Gem, Best of 2017 / Fortune City / Google Play
- App of The Day / Fortune City / Apple App Store
- Editor’s Choice / Fortune City / Google Play
- App of The Day / Walkr / Apple App Store
- Best of 2014 / Walkr / Apple App Store
- Best Apple Watch App of 2015 / Walkr / Apple App Store
- Editor’s Choice / Walkr / Google Play
- Indie Game Award / Walkr / TGS 2015
- Best Audio Award / Walkr / Indie Prize 2015
- Best of 2013 / Plant Nanny / App Store
- Innovation Star / Plant Nanny / Demo China 2013
CEO / Executive Producer / Founder
To-Do Adventure, Fortune City, Walkr, Plant Nanny, and Plant Nanny²
Responsible for managing creative, engineering and marketing teams to deliver the most innovative products.
Brave Animation Series, Diego and Pea
Lead the studio to creative innovative animation series on the online streaming service.
National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Department of Industrial and Commercial Design
Senior Server Engineer
Designed, developed, and maintained scalable server solution to support massive users. Designed and developed efficient API interfaces, cloud-computing instance, and scalable database.
Playable Design: The Play Space of Toys, Environments, Games, and More
Featured Speaker, Serious Play Conference, 2020
Addictive Playable Design: Understand The Philosophy Behind Fourdesire Product
App 研究室：和陳威帆一起用玩心打造 App
Apple Store, 2019
Creating Playable Design
Serious Play Conference, 2019
Modern Microservices and Global Distribution Strategy
2019 AWS Taipei Summit, 2019